Removal of dead livestock is a water quality and public health issue, proper disposal is necessary for the overall environmental health and safety of the public. Madison County Fiscal Court provides FREE OF CHARGE dead livestock carcass removal for livestock producers in Madison County.
Producers desiring this service may call 859-624-4709 between the hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Calls after 11:30 am will be scheduled for the next business day. There will be no dead livestock picked up on weekends or County holidays.
To schedule a pickup, please use the online 'Report a Problem or Request Services' Form below.
Animal Removal Qualifications
To qualify for pickup, callers must ensure:
- Animals are deceased – no animal will be euthanized by Madison County employees;
- Request for pickup must be within 48 hours of death;
- Animals shall be placed on a hard surface such as gravel, blacktop, or concrete
- Animals shall be placed at the front of the property, immediately adjacent to a public road or easily accessible from a hard surface on the producers property
- Property must be open and accessable for Madison County staff. Staff is not authorized to go through any unopened gates or remove animals from where living animals are contained.
- It is the owner's responsibility to position the animal for accessible pick-up.
Madison County is not responsible for:
- Damages on the property the producer owns where livestock are requested to be removed
- Picking up small animals
- Large animals on the roadway
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT ALL PRODUCERS PARTICIPATE IN THIS SERVICE FOR IT TO ACCOMPLISH ITS PURPOSE OF PROTECTING PUBLIC HEALTH IN THE COMMUNITY'S WATER SUPPLY AND OVERALL ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY.